There were several good things about today:
- Jeremy and I landed safely at Heathrow after a flight which was both very long (nearly 10 hours, thanks to strong winds) and occasionally very bumpy (when the captain warned us that we were in for some turbulence, he was not lying).
- The woman at passport control in Heathrow studied my name in my passport, then looked up at me and excitedly said, “Hey, isn’t that the name of one of the guys in Ghostbusters?” And indeed I do share a last name with the awesomest of the Ghostbusters—a fact not generally acknowledged by immigration control officers.
- We arrived home in Brighton to find a functioning boiler and a flat which had not been flooded/burgled/damaged in any other way. Phew.
- We ate takeaway curry for dinner while catching up on TV shows online, and at 11 PM we are both still awake and not feeling too bad despite the long day. Take that, jet lag.
- Tonight I can go to sleep knowing that there is no transatlantic flight ahead of me tomorrow, but rather a lazy lie-in and a lovely Sunday roast. Phew again.